6.26.2008

a downside of urban living

In all my praise of this southern empire state, I failed to acknowledge its shortcomings. Atlanta has to be one of the worst places to drive. The fourth worst city for traffic, in fact. But what's worse than traffic? Shitty drivers.

One shitty driver in particular was bombing down Northside Drive at 9:25 yesterday morning. And this driver, in what resembled a 1960's Dodge Matado
r, decided that he was too cool for red lights. So when he came upon North Ave, where I happened to be plodding along, minding my own late-for-work business, Mr. Matador almost t-boned the Volvo.

Thankfully, it was not my time to go. I swerved. And I'm very grateful that there were no cars in the left lane that I swerved into.

2 comments:

Trey said...

Now that's a winner.

Susan Marie said...

I pray every day for you and your brothers protection - I thank GOD, your Angels and your focused attention for your safety . . . for you are priceless . . .