1.22.2012

room with a view

Our guest room is lovingly called "the dungeon." No light, no sound, no windows. Sleeping in there, you don't know if it's midnight or noon.

In an attempt to make it more cheerful, I picked a very bright, bold color (Orange Sherbet). I also hung a false window, complete with curtains. 



Ryan thinks it's a bit ridiculous. I think it's imaginative. And aren't those really just two sides of the same coin?


very bright. but better than boring.

found the chalkboard decal here at world market.

peekaboo. reused some curtains from
my old apartment.

representing my new hampshire roots
with a vintage pennant. 

photo on canvas. one of my all-time favorite
shots taken by my brother trey.











when i found this guy, he was
wooden with a cracked brown seat.
i recovered him in beige vinyl,
added a coat of white paint,
and he's a whole new chair.




scored this end table on the cheap at
a local antique store.
my dad salvaged this from a
neighbor's trash pile, scrubbed it down
and fixed it up with a new glass shade.

No comments: