5.29.2009

feeling domestic

...and this is rare. I've never even had a need for a cake stand before, but I just bought one from Fishs Eddy.

Don't shit your britches — I'm not tying on an apron or vying for live-in-girlfriend of the year just yet. I just love that store and I love black and white graphic designs. And I have an unfounded-but-intense fascination with telephone wires. Maybe it's that I'm prematurely nostalgic, and I have this feeling that my grandkids will grow up in a world without telephone poles stretching along the highway, across America. There is something about telephone poles and train tracks, the lure, the mystery of where they could lead if you only had the gumption to take off walking one day...

Anyway, I'm now the proud owner of this cake stand. Oh, and Ryan, it's being shipped to your apartment... so, check the front desk for packages.

2 comments:

Happygoth said...

I am totally jealous of your cake stand. This is a new experience (but I blame it on that cake stand being completely awesome).

Pam said...

Awesome.....and I will look for a cake to sit on that stand when I come to visit you and Ryan. BTW - nice new digs, tho where is the video link now that I think my computer is fixed enough for me to view videos.....LOVE YOU MORE!