3.19.2009

one way to scare folks

I'm running yesterday evening, and from a distance I spot this little old white haired lady walking toward me. She's about half my size and three times my age, wearing one of those neon yellow, traffic-stopping safety vests. My first thought is, how cute.

Then she gets closer, and I see that she's carrying something... a walking cane? What is that?

Oh. A giant axe. Of course.

I'm trying to follow her logic: I guess it's cheaper than having a big dog. You don't need a permit. Pepper spray, or a switchblade, might be a little easier to carry...

But as for the intimidation factor? The axe wins.

Ain't nobody on the west side gonna mess with granny when she's slinging one of these puppies.

3 comments:

Trey said...

Oh wow. That's amazing. West-Side Grannys do it best.

Pam said...

Get out of here! An axe??? Did you cross the street? So she wore the vest to attract attention to the fact that she was carrying an axe????

Susan Marie said...

She's the West-Side Granny murderer - Undercover . . .