3.07.2011

lonely little toothbrush

There are certain inanimate objects that I can't help but feel sorry for. Like day-old pastries, forgotten photos in estate sales... and single toothbrushes.

Growing up, I shared a bathroom with my brothers. There were always three toothbrushes sitting by the sink, huddled together, I remember, like a bristled little family.

One time, after spending a weekend at my then-single Aunt Pam's condo, I mailed her a new toothbrush that the dentist had given me. And a note saying I thought her toothbrush needed company. I was 10 or so.

But 16.5 years later, I still don't like the look of a lone toothbrush. Ryan's in Denver, so for now it's just me and the pink Oral-B, blogging and brushing late into the night. How I managed three years of long-distance, I'm still not sure.

3 comments:

PamMattocks said...

OH - I had forgotten that! Uncle K and I each have a 'travel' toothbrush so the stay-at-home one is never lonely :)

Rosa Parks said...

Have you ever heard the Smurf song "You're a pink toothbrush"? It's amazing. It's about a pink toothbrush and a blue toothbrush getting married. I highly recommend you give it a listen :o)

Rosa Parks said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9fe397twpM