4.19.2009

springtime in the city

"Operation Atlanta Appreciation" continues. Here's the weekend report card for a few firsts:

Fox & Hounds = B
Technically I've been there twice (but I didn't write about it the first time).
Pros:
big open patio with lots of seating, cheaper than midtown, closer than the highlands, quality time with friends
Cons: slow waitstaff, unreliable mix of music

City Grilling = A+
When Walmart says "Save money, Live better," they aren't joking. For $15, I'm the proud owner of China's cheapest charcoal grill.
Things I've grilled so far: ballpark beef franks, buns, chicken with Hot Squeeze sauce.
Things I plan to grill: everything, from now on.

Dogwood Festival = A+
Today's rain may have kept the masses at bay, but for the few and brave among us, it was worth the trip. So very tempted to buy something from this local artist. I think I will, I just couldn't choose which one I wanted to splurge on.

2 comments:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

I'm dying to get a piece of art that immortalizes Atlanta. Let me know if you end up getting anything — I want to see!

Pam said...

Love this piece....not sure how much a piece goes for, but would you like one or a contribution to one for your upcoming 25th B-Day??