2.04.2009

another hole in the head

Random Thing #3
Ever since the fourth grade, I wanted to get my nose pierced. I was in Scotland the
summer of 2004, and finally gathered the courage to do it... probably one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. When they pierced it, I had a hollow metal tube up one nostril to 'catch' the needle. And the needle itself, according to my friend Ashley, was about ten inches long; I couldn't bring myself to look at it. But after the actual process was over, and I started breathing again, I loved having it [exhibit A: first photo taken post-piercing]. When I came back home at the end of the month, my dad's response was exactly as expected: that's just what you need — another hole in the head.

Answers to the questions I heard most often: no, it did not really interfere with nose-blowing, and no, snot
did not shoot out the hole. I kept the ring (actually it was a stud) in for about two years, until I graduated college, and realized I had to interview for a real job. What's ironic is that I could probably get away with having a nose ring at my current job... oh well.

4 comments:

Trey said...

Gotta love pops.

Unknown said...

Wait!! Where's the hole?? Did it close up or is it still there??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DTPfromATL said...

it closed up, but you can still see it a tiny bit.