9.11.2008

from scratch

Ever since my brother's encounter with Sonic, I've become a bit of an ingredient-phob. So I was happy to find this recipe for a homemade sports drink in Women's Health:

1) In a pitcher, dissolve 1/4 c sugar and 1/4 tsp salt in 1/4 cup hot water
2) Add 1/4 c OJ, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 3 1/2 c cold water
3) Stir, chill, done
I tested it out the other day, and it is actually pretty good. The recipe makes about 4 servings, which will last me a week or so. It's not quite as sweet as your average sports drink but that could be a plus, depending on your taste. The definite advantage is that it's a cheap alternative, and you know exactly what's inside.

Added bonus: I don't like to support Gatorade anyway because it is named after the football-team-of-which-we-do-not-speak. So it's a win-win.

4 comments:

M Renfroe. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M Renfroe. said...

I didn't realize I was signed in under her name.

Anway.

Choosy brothers, chose Powerade.

Trey said...

Umm.... something's up. But that was my comment.

Ashley said...

i want some! :) propel is my fav