9.10.2008

48-years-young

This is Dawn. We work together. This photo almost perfectly captures her fantastic sense of humor [credit: Blake Tannery]. Today is her birthday, and I'm grateful that a) she was born, b) she inspired me to start blogging — had to throw that in there and c) she keeps me laughing every Monday through Friday.

Of all the people I've met and quotes I've read (though that stack might not amount to much), no two are better paired than this lady and this phrase, courtesy of
Fellini: "Put yourself into life and never lose your openness, your childish enthusiasm throughout the journey..." Perhaps the cheeky ol' Italian had Dawn in mind when he said it. Either way, she adds a little dolce to la vita.

1 comment:

Dawn Gahan said...

I've spent this evening catching up on my blog reading (dang that "work" thing they call Unbou; it keeps me from doing all the fun stuff I was meant to be obsessed with) and came across this. You know, I often think that the one, singular thing that keeps me going during those 5-days-a-week is laughing. I cherish the people I work with who "get it." I suppose that we can "milk the turd" even when it comes to stupid jokes and imbecile sayings that we peat and repeat for our own enjoyment. But what better turd to milk than one that squirts out laughter, smiles and sweet sarcasm.

Thank you for being you, one of the ones who "gets it," and one of the reasons I love coming to work.

Love,
Dawn E. Girl