8.24.2009

life without the "stuff"

After living out of a suitcase for four weeks, I've graduated to living out of boxes. I have my clothes, a nightstand, a dresser, a filing cabinet and my computer. It feels a bit Spartan. I think I could get used to it.

I've confiscated this sunny nook in Ryan's apartment (technically "our" apartment but it still feels like "his"), where I set up a small workspace overlooking Meridian Street. Perfect for people watching and sharing the neighbor's internet. This is day nine in Indy.















Number of Colts games attended: 1
Number of times I've gotten lost: 2
Number of times I've cried: 2
Number of state fairs attended: 1
Number of red lights accidentally run: 1
Number of antique shops visited: 3
Number of mules fed (at an antique shop): 1

For the past week, I kept thinking I need to write about this... and I kept procrastinating. When everything is new, I find that everything is worth writing about. And since that would be impossibly overwhelming, I've just avoided it.

Plus, I've be
en busy ignoring certain realities (like how much I will miss my old life), and distracting myself with other things. Things like: finding a job, trying new recipes, making lots of to-do lists, running, driving in circles, watching Real Housewives ATL with Ryan (and finally talking to him without a cell phone), etc.

All the while, I'm sure there's some tepid pool of emotion lurking right u
nder the surface, just waiting for me to slow down. And when I do, it will surely catch up with me. Sigh.












4 comments:

sueper33 said...

I believe I've got you outnumbered with the number of times I've cried . . . In time, Indy will become more familiar - can't wait until the 16th :-) Love you,

sueper33 said...

PS Looking forward to some antique shop adventures ! ! !

Pam said...

Your blogs get me through until I can read your first novel. I can't wait!! One day at a time....I love you more! A.P.

julie said...

Miss you, girlie... You'll be surprised one day soon when you suddenly realize it feels like you've been there forever and that you're right where you're supposed to be. xoxo