7.16.2008

like stepping on a beehive


After spending a few days in Hilton Head with Ryan and his family, I dreaded returning to Atlanta alone. It was raining when Ryan dropped me off at the airport, and a heavy feeling settled. I still couldn't shake it this morning going into work. And when I actually got there, it felt like I had stepped on a beehive. Some assignments I thought were completed and approved before I left had boiled over in my absence. Nothing tragic, but it just fueled the sense I've been feeling at work lately, which is hard to describe with a single adjective. It's almost like there's been a Winnie-the-Pooh-esque black raincloud hovering over me. Against my better impulses, I can feel a kind of pessimism and doubt creeping in. It was a long day. I feel overwhelmed (again), and tired.

Trying hard to find a bright side: I supposed I could have stepped on a literal beehive, and that would have been worse. I'm thankful that that did not happen. (A stretch, I know, but it is still a shade of gratitude.)

1 comment:

Dawn Gahan said...

Let it comfort you that you have Eeyore, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga, Roo, Owl, and Gopher working in cubicles close by, always there to chase the bees away.

With love and admiration,
Dawn