7.16.2010

3 great concerts, 1 great night

Dear Harper Blynn,
Thanks for playing your little hearts out at Radio Radio on Wednesday. Y'all played a fierce opening act and the Tears for Fears/Everybody Wants to Rule the World cover was perfect. Rock on.


Dear Cary Brothers (first name Cary, last name Brothers),
I'm sure you get this all the time, but you are
like some delicious hybrid of George Clooney and Russell Crowe — younger, though, and with a guitar. How have we not met before? Of course I've loved Blue Eyes ever since I first saw Garden State, but I had no idea you were so... mmm... shockingly adorable. I was distracted by how you looked, but your music was also spectacular. Break off the Bough just might be my favorite song of the summer.

Dear Greg Laswell
,
Loved your slow acoustic version of Comes and Goes so much that I videotaped it and am now blogging it.
Aside from being a phenomenal musician, your in-between-songs stories are pretty hilarious. Thanks for cracking me up, and for playing Sing Teresa and How the Day Sounds.

P.S. I noticed you were wearing a wedding ring? When did this happen? I would have been more upset if Cary hadn't been there. He'll be taking your place in my Musician Crush folder now that you're officially off the market. Sorry. But congrats man.


No comments: