6.29.2008

not exactly what i ordered

On a muggy June day, what's more refreshing than Planet Smoothie? That's what I was thinking when I stopped there with my Mom and brother Nick yesterday afternoon on our way to the mall. I was halfway through my giant "Mr. Mongo" smoothie, when I found an unexpected surprise.

Not at all like the kind of surprise you find inside a Cracker Jack box. This surprise was much less fun, and much more revolting. Up through the straw and into my mouth, and then I spit it out: a fingernail clipping. In my smoothie. Just take a minute and imagine what you would do in that situation... let it sink in. Are you dry heaving? Because I was. A fingernail. In my smoothie.

The upside, if there is one to be found, is that it was just a fingernail and not an entire finger. Plus I got my money back. But I'm definitely writing a letter to Planet Smoothie. They will probably send me some condolence coupons — let me know if you want them! ((gag))

4 comments:

Courtney said...

No way!!!! That is sooo gross!!!!! -courtney

Unknown said...

oh wow.. sick!

Dawn Gahan said...

Need detail. Was it a painted nail, a man nail, a Lee Press-On Nail?

DTPfromATL said...

it wasn't painted, but it was definitely not a man nail. could have been a boy nail, or a petite woman. it was like the whole-top-of-the-index-finger fingernail.