6.19.2008

2 memes


My brother Trey now has a blog (as of today) so I'm tagging him for this meme.

meme #1 (courtesy of laura)
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was 14, and it was the summer in between middle school and high school. I had just finished the most miserable school year of my existence (the first one in Georgia) and probably had never been more excited for a summer in my life. I spent a lot of time at the pool, reading until I was so sweaty that my hands stuck to the pages, and then I would swim. I probably did my fair share of babysitting, and took a trip with my family to the reliably-tacky myrtle beach... where I read some more.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
Participate in a 2 hour brainstorm session. Wash dishes from last night's dinner. Fold and put away clothes. Run 5.5 miles. Paint my toenails.

3. Snacks I enjoy:

Cheddar cheese, pepperoncini,
olives, boiled peanuts, vanilla yogurt and grapenuts (must be together), and anything that contains a large amount of sugar.

4. Places I’ve lived:
Norwalk CT (4 years), Campton NH (9 years), Roswell GA (5 years), Athens GA (4 years), Oxford England (6 weeks — but I had an address, so it counts), Heidelberg Germany (3 months), Atlanta GA (1.5 years and counting)

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Put all of my crap in storage. Quit my job.
Buy a very expensive camera. Take a 2 month road trip to california with my brothers. Go to ireland with my mom, grandmother and aunts. Go on a ski trip with my dad to colorado or switzerland. Buy a villa in italy and invite all my best friends to my villa for a month-long vacation. Buy two big ol' fixer-upper houses, one in georgia, one in new england somewhere. Join the peace corps. Coerce ryan into joining the peace corps with me. Live in south america for two years, learn spanish and help people learn english. Return to the U.S. Get my masters in international affairs. Write a book. Have 2 children and adopt 2 children (call me Angelina, I don't care).


meme #2 (courtesy of dawn)
6 unimportant facts about me:

1) I have a moderate case of Omphalophobia (fear of bellybuttons). They disgust me.

2) I have a severe case of Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes). Family trips to the zoo = me standing and waiting outside of the reptile house alone.

3) I was editor-in-chief of my high school literary magazine. And I don't think anyone but me ever read the thing.

4) I've made it my goal to visit 3 beaches, go rock climbing, white water rafting and hang gliding this summer.

5) Weddings simultaneously horrify and fascinate me. Like car crashes. I've got a kind of a morbid curiosity about them.

6) I still have a few stuffed animals on my bed, and I think I always will.

1 comment:

CMoore Films said...

love the blog, Devon!

although you forget to mention that, were you a billionaire, you would be funding our next documentary! :-)

hope things aren't too too hot in hotlanta

-Chris