2.21.2012

convos with kiddies

My cousin Luke is 4 and a half. My cousin Emma just turned 8. I spent the weekend with them in North Carolina. Here are just a few of the conversations we had:


Me: I'm just a big kid.
Luke: No, you're an adult.
Me: I don't want to be an adult, I want to be a big kid.
Luke: Do you like drinking coffee?
Me: Yeah.
Luke: Do you like drinking it all day?
Me: Yeah.
Luke: Then you should stay like that.



Emma: I wish you could stay longer. Do you have to go back home? So you can keep your house?
Me: Yes, I have to go back to work so I can pay for my house, and my food, and my car and everything.
Emma: Well... what about a hotel?


Me: How'd you get to be so cute?
Luke: I don't know.
Me: Do YOU think you're cute?
Luke: Yeah.
Me: How do you know you're cute?
Luke: Because I really am!


Emma: Are you in Auntie Susan's family, the Pasquariello family?
Me: Yes, you know Auntie Susan is my mom. But I got married to Ryan, so now McGinnis is our new last name.
Emma: McGinnis. OK. But you're still in the Pasquariello family, right?
(strange timing considering my last post)


Me: I don't want to leave. 
Luke: Don't you want to see your husband?
Me: Yes.
Luke: Then you have to go.

2 comments:

sueper33 said...

OMG - these are priceless - I just love those 2 & I love you Mrs. McGinnis :-)

PamMattocks said...

Ohhh - so very sweet! Things I miss while working in the kitchen while you get to play Wii ;)