4.05.2010

buona pasqua, y'all

My dad reminds me (every year around this time) that "Buona Pasqua" means "Happy Easter" in Italian, and that "Pasquariello" means "Little Easter."

Although Ryan and I didn't make it home for the holiday, we found little ways to make Easter our own. The day in photos...

[Captions: an Easter "basket" — which was really a mixing bowl; Belgian waffle breakfast; a few chocolate eggs Ryan arranged for my egg-hunt challenge; flowering tree in the front yard; a morning hike in Holliday park; pink tulips in the dining room; our "mini-monster" eggs; tennis lessons from the pro; springtime = open windows; and finally, because every good holiday should end with a good dessert, my chocolate-blackberry pie.]











5 comments:

Pam said...

The beginning of your own holiday traditions. It's bittersweet to miss the one's you've created with your family but treasure the one's you create with your new family! Enjoy - you will look back on these days as you do the 'old' days. I love you more - Aunt Pam.

Molly Hargather said...

love love love all of the pictures! noticed your cake stand too :) miss and love you lots!!

sueper33 said...

We missed you here, but like A. Pam said, you and Ryan are creating your own holiday traditions in Indy. Bittersweet for us all . . . btw - a slice of your homemade pie will freeze nicely till May :-)
I love you w/all my heart, Mom xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Did you make that pie!??? It's amazing! I really want to see the new place because it looks adorable. And I just need to see you soon. 2 weeks and Meg will be getting married!!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the pictures...especially the one where you used pasta as the bedding for the Easter "basket"....and I really like those monster eggs! I say those at the store and was really tempted to get them.

Love you, Nick