12.08.2009

holiday centerpiece (on a budget)

Inspired in part by Dawn's lovely handiwork, in part by the beautiful crafty things in Midwest Living, and in part by the beloved Design*Sponge, I decided to create a centerpiece for family holiday dinners back in Georgia. I needed something affordable, easily transportable, and flexible enough to work for both for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Here's what I ended up with...













Supplies only set me back about $13:
-Glass tea light holders (.60 each, WalMart)
-Sheer gold ribbon ($1, Michael's)
-Mason jars (had them)
-Glass candlestick holders ($1 each, Dollar General)
-Tea light candles (had them)
-Tapered candlesticks ($2, Michael's)
-Hollyberry "garland" ($4, Michael's)

Fresh-cut flowers were an additional cost ($15), but worth it. Now all I have to do is grab a few red bouquets and it goes from Thanksgiving to Christmas in a snap.

No comments: